When we’re planning a wildlife holiday to Africa, the most popular destinations that come to mind are East Africa and South Africa.
Although, these destination are wonderful for game viewing and have a charm of their own, there are several other offbeat destinations like Zimbabwe worthy of a visit.
Having visited Zimbabwe recently, and the extraordinary personal experience we had, it’s a country that should be at the top of your travel list.
So…what makes Zimbabwe so special…
- It is a great place for game viewing. There is a good probability of spotting the rare ‘Painted Dogs’.
- The topography of the national parks is very different from East African landscapes. The jungle is more dense and green than Kenya or Tanzania.
- The Zambezi flows through Zimbabwe, which gives you a chance to enjoy the enchanting boat and canoe safaris. You will be arms-length from hippos and encounter the incredible sight of elephants crossing the mighty river. (This is all under the guidance of an expert canoe guide).
- Walking safaris are popular in certain parts of the national parks. You’re accompanied by a specialized walking guide providing you an in depth experience exploring the diversity of the flora and fauna…
- The lodges are spectacularly designed and are superbly situated. Most of them, are located within the conservancies and have extremely well informed and qualified guides. This will give you an amazing chance to better understand the ecology of the forests.
- You can also visit the magnificent Victoria Falls and enjoy the many activities it has to offer.These are just a few of the many reasons as to why you must visit Zimbabwe.
If you have a question or want help planning your trip to Zimbabwe, call us or email at:
Phone: +91 9833867127